When it comes to choosing healthier alternatives for your toddler, there’s nothing that should hold you back. With the adaptations to switch to healthier and natural alternatives on the full rise, there have been multiple inclusions to the indispensable items of diapers. Parents now can easily choose to ditch the chemical and toxin laced diapers for organic bamboo diapers.
Not only do bamboo diapers give immense health benefits and protect your baby’s bottoms from harmful and at times life-threatening toxins, but they also come inclusive of a plethora of environmental benefits ranging from being biodegradable to being easily disposable. Given below are a list of reasons as to why bamboo diapers are the ultimate heroes for both our babies and the environment:
- Bamboo diapers are free from any sort of chemicals:
Most generic diapers are laced with toxic chemicals that mostly go unnoticed. Bamboo diapers are the unsung heroes as they contain no such chemicals that could pose threat to your loved one. Some of the most common chemicals present in generic diapers, which are linked to long-term health conditions are named below alongside their ill effects :
- Dioxins: Most generic indispensable diapers are whitewashed with chlorine which results in a byproduct called dioxins that leach into the baby’s area of contact and later into the environment via the diapers. Though ignored by most parents, it is scary to note that dioxins are among one of the most toxic chemicals known to man and are listed as highly carcinogenic chemicals. Such is its severity that exposure to dioxins may cause skin reactions, altered liver function, impairments to the immune system, nervous system, endocrine system and reproductive functions. With a simple switch to the bamboo diapers, you can save your baby from such a life-threatening contact for years of their active growth.
- Sodium Polyacrylate :
Sodium polycarbonate is a super absorbent chemical compound that is known to soak in baby fluid real fast. They are also used in the fillers of many disposable diapers. Linked to respiratory diseases, skin irritation and at times to even toxic shock syndrome, they provide every reason as to why parents should start opting for bamboo diapers.
- Tributyl-tin (TBT)
Many disposable diapers contain this chemical. TBT is a toxic pollutant which is extremely harmful to aquatic life and is known to cause endocrine turmoils in aquatic organisms. TBT is a polluting chemical that never degrades but remains in the environment and our food chain. In humans, they are known to trigger genes that promote the growth of fat cells, causing obesity in humans. Just a simple smart switch to the bamboo diapers can not only help you protect your toddler but also you can choose to make this world a better place for him to live in.
- Volatile organic compounds:
Disposable diapers frequently contain chemicals called volatile organic compounds which include a plethora of substances like ethylbenzene, toluene, xylene and dipentene. These compounds can cause a tonne of irritation starting from eye, nose and throat irritation, headaches, damage to the liver, kidney and central nervous system and so on.
- Other chemicals:
Other chemicals that find their way into the generic diapers and are absent in the bamboo diapers include dyes, fragrances, plastics and petrolatums. Adhesive chemicals which are used in the sticky tabs are mostly non-biodegradable and the perfumes and fragrances used in some disposable diapers to help mask odours are also hazardous.
Bamboo diapers are revolutionary. Though there are many commendable aspects to them, yet the best facet to them is their ability to protect the toddlers from the innumerable toxic chemicals and toxins found in the dispensable diapers. The added benefit to the bamboo diapers are
- They’re more absorbent when compared to their counterparts, hence keeping the baby’s bottoms alongside knicks and other areas drier and rash free.
- They’re easily biodegradable. While most disposable diapers take 5000 years to decompose leaving behind a substantial negative impact on the planet, bamboo diapers take only 75 days to decompose, drastically cutting off the carbon footprint.
- Bamboo diapers are also known to possess natural Hypoallergenic, Antibacterial, and Bacteriostatic Properties making them the ideal alternative that prompts a greener future for a happier and healthier baby.